Distribute Your Book to Stores and Online Retailers
Amazon, IngramSpark, PublishDrive, Smashwords, Draft2Digital, Bublish, StreetLib and more options
ABOUT THE COURSE
You have a lot of choices when it comes to book distribution. You can upload your book into each of the online stores, one by one, or use a service to handle it for you. Some of the book distribution services also help you create your book but, as you learned in the Make Your Book course, they don't all give you professional results. So after you've made your book, how do you get it into stores?
This course will show you how to reach the stores where your readers shop. Specifically, you'll learn:
- The difference between book distribution, ebook aggregation, and direct sales.
- Why you should upload your book directly to Amazon.
- The reasons IngramSpark is a great service for print distribution, including hardbacks.
- The advantages of using ebook distributers like Smashwords, Draft2Digital, StreetLib, and PublishDrive.
- Reasons you might want to upload your book directly to online retailer's stores like Amazon, B&N Press, Apple iBooks, Kobo Writing Life, and Google Play.
- About vanity press distribution services and how to resist their tempting marketing campaigns.
- How to get traditional style distribution with hybrid publishers, book packagers, and book producers.
- Why you should constantly experiment with book distribution.
You'll also find links to worksheets, audio, and video by me and other experts who have valuable advice and examples. The self-publishing community is wise and generous. Welcome to the community of experts!
Carla King is the founder of the Self-Publishing Boot Camp educational series of books and workshops. With a background in technical writing and a passion for travel, she started self-publishing her bicycle and motorcycle adventure travel books in 1994. Since then, Carla has helped many others in their writing and publishing journeys.
King has been known as a leader in self-publishing education since 2010 with Self-Pub Boot Camp courses and books and her Destination Published concierge services. She organizes the self-publishing and technology track for the San Francisco Writers Conference, works as an industry advisor, speaks at publishing conferences, podcasts, and other events.
As the author of many books (on adventure travel) and as a publishing consultant, her firsthand knowledge makes King one of the most trusted guides in the industry. Her Self-Publishing Boot Camp Guide for Authors is the most comprehensive how-to manual for independent authors today. Authors and publishers around the world also count on her Consumer’s Guide for Self-Publishers with reviews of the tools and services that help independent authors publish.